Friends of the Library Meeting Minutes
Jane Huber, President
Jerry Hill, Vice President
Sandra Baumgardner, Secretary
Robert Akbarally, Treasurer
Join the Friends
Join the Friends now by filling out the form here and mailing it in with your membership dues. Welcome to the FOL!
Other News & Highlights:
- The Brookfield FOL is a member of the nationwide support organization Friends of the Library USA to benefit from ideas and resources of other FOL groups across the country.
- The Friends have a new email address; contact us at email@example.com
Remember to shop online and raise funds for the Friends!
Whenever you make a purchase at shopforthelibrary.net, a portion of the sale goes to benefit the Brookfield Public Library. Thank you for your support.
Amazon Wish List
The Friends of the Library created a Wish List on Amazon.com for anyone who would like to support the library. Browse for items and consider a donation today.
Who are the Friends?
The Friends of the Brookfield Public Library are members of the community who love our Library.
What do they do?
Our mission is simple: to help the Library prosper and grow. We raise funds through membership dues, the Book Nook, the semi-annual Book Sales and the Taste of Brookfield fundraiser event.Â All the money we raise goes to the Library, and here are some recent examples.
- Helped to fund the purchase of the new hightop table and chairs in the teen area
- Provided funds for a DVD repair machine
- Provided funding for quilting supplies for the Quiltmakers group at the library
- Helped to fund the new magazine racks in the Adult Services area, which showcase the library's magazine collection.
- Funded a new shelving cart for the library
When are the meetings?
The Friends meet at the library on the second Wednesday of the month at 7:00 pm. All meetings are open to both Friends and the public at large.
Who can join?
If you enjoy and appreciate the Brookfield Public Library, you are already a friend of the Library. And now is a good time to make it official and join the Brookfield Friends of the Library.
How can I join?
Stop by the library's Reference Desk to request a membership form, or download a membership application here, fill it out, and return it to the library.
How can I get more information on the Friends?
Attend one of our meetings, which are open to the public and held ever second Wednesday of the month at 7 p.m. at the Library. Read our quarterly Friends newsletter online or pick up a copy at the library. Feel free to contact us directly, leave your name and phone number at the library's Reference Desk or call the library at (708) 485-6917 with the information or send us an email in care of the Friends at firstname.lastname@example.org. A Friend will contact you to provide more information and answer any questions that you may have.
Read the Constitution and Bylaws of the Brookfield Friends of the Library...
|Friends of the Library Constitution and Bylaws||50.33 KB|